Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What The Heck Is A Twitter?

I regret to inform you that if you don't know what Twitter is, you are behind the curve. But don't panic, I will brief you and if you listen now you'll be back on track in no time.

Twitter is an online tool that allows you to communicate and stay connected with your friends, family, and/or colleagues. Yes, I know what you're thinking: You can already do this through social networking and blogging.

Well, Twitter is often referred to as micro-blogging - that is, blogging with just 1 or 2 short sentences. People can follow you, and you can follow them - and all the while everybody is keeping each other up-to-date on what they're doing.

It sounds silly, but millions of people use Twitter every single day. Some use it for pointless banter, others use it for meaningful dialogue and to share content.

I've been twittering for a couple of months now, and it's definitely something that all entrepreneurs should do. If you don't have an account, its time to get one; It's 100% free. If you do have a Twitter account, it's time to start using it.

For more details and/or to sign up, visit:
www.Twitter.com

To follow me on Twitter, visit:
www.Twitter.com/DanteLee

5 comments:

  1. great post! this needs to be talked about. Twitter has come up in convos so much lately in my life for some reason...everyone's talking about it. i have a Twitter, though i still don't know too much about the website. but yeah this is very relevant post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a big advocate of Twitter and use it daily. I follow Dante Lee and anyone can follow me at:

    http://twitter.com/brotherjesse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter is a MUST if you're in business. It is a great way to share information, learn and make awesome contacts.

    I take a middle of the road approach with it. I often share personal Tweets because I feel it is a terrific way for people to get a sense of who you are. I also use Twitter to keep people informed as to what I am doing.

    I'll follow you if you follow me:
    http://twitter.com/mentalmakeover

    Be blessed and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twitter is great. I've used it as a networking tool to reach out to other bloggers and Business folks. I'd suggest anyone who doesn't have a Twitter account but has a business or blog, sign up right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People tell me about twitter all the time but I am sooooo busy with our magazine and other projects. Now you guys can follow us at:

    http://twitter.com/prisonworld

    ReplyDelete