Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I See Your Name Everywhere"

There's nothing more satisfying to an entrepreneur than to hear someone say those words to you. It's a dream come true.

I've had it said to me on a couple of occasions by some very notable people, and it definitely makes you feel like you are doing your job. That's when you realize that all those PR strategies you've been working on over the past few months or years, have been working.

If you have never had that phrase said to you, here are some things to do:

1) Recognize that public relations is very key in your marketing agenda. Yes, people should know about your brand, but they should also know about the person behind the brand - you.

In many cases, consumers are more apt to buy into what your company is selling if they know and respect the face of the company. This is also why celebrity endorsements work so well. People recognize a face, and gain confidence in the product.

2) Include your name and face in all of your marketing efforts. A professional head shot and profile of you should be on your web site, you should be quoted and referenced in your press releases, and a brief mention of you should be on your marketing materials (brochures, media kits, etc.)

Be careful though, you don't want to over saturate yourself. Nor do you want to discredit yourself with annoying self-promotion strategies. The key is to find a balanced way to skillfully incorporate yourself into your company's image.

3) Order the new book by Pam Lontos entitled I See Your Name Everywhere. The book has a perfect title, and was authored by the perfect person. Lontos is an industry veteran who runs a very successful public relations firm in Orlando. Her book is filled with tons of useful PR tips and secrets.

5 comments:

  1. I bear witness because I hear that almost every time I am out and I get emails from people saying the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happens to me all the time. and go. and on that note....

    www.djbackside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had her on my blog talk show - did you want the link?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only bad part about this post is that I'm starting to seem like a copycat of you. But honestly, I had an idea of doing a PR workshop blog a little while before I started interacting with you.

    I'm doing the best I can to make sure everybody knows the name "Zack Isaacs" (from Chicago) but it's going to take some time.

    No rush for me. Good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, this is one of my jobs since my tagline is "I make you Googleable". It helps for the client to be willing to be there with you while getting them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete