Monday, February 23, 2009

Tyler Perry Is My Hero

I'm not a huge fan of Tyler Perry's movies, but I went to see "Madea Goes To Jail" this past weekend - and it was pretty funny. Millions of others thought so too because the film topped box offices generating over $40 million in just three days.

What's impressive is that this is Perry's 7th studio film, and he's still packing the house. The theater I went to in Columbus, Ohio was filled wall-to-wall with people (Black and white) who were dressed up as if they were going to a club.

They came in smiling and ready to get the party started. During the movie, they laughed, they teared up, they got mad, and some were even talking to the screen. When the movie was over, people were satisfied. They walked off talking and laughing and reminiscing about scenes that they just saw a few minutes ago.

I've never seen people behave this way over a movie.

Tyler Perry is a genius. His movies, in my opinion, could be so much better - but he has perfected a formula that works and has built an empire that will live on for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. I am a real fan of Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (2009) oh my this movie is excellent with time wasting comedy that gives you nothing this movie is some what different. Because madea has always some thing for you flows very slowly and gently. Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (2009) http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com I the lasted comedy I saw on free movies to day.

    ReplyDelete