Thursday, June 11, 2009

Are You Twellowing and TweetBeeping?

I blogged several months ago about why all entrepreneurs should be using Twitter.com - an extremely popular web-based micro-blogging tool. Hopefully, you listened because Twitter has been growing exponentially and still remains to be a very useful way of getting and retaining new clients. It's also a great way to stay in-the-know.

To enhance your Twitter experience, there's a site called Twellow.com that helps you easily find relevant people to follow on Twitter. Essentially, it's a Yellow Book directory for Twitter profiles and it's much more extensive than the search feature on Twitter's web site.

I use this site all the time to find people who are connected to the industry that I work in. For instance, relevant keywords for me are "supplier diversity", "minority business", "diversity recruiting", etc. When I find people, I start following them and interacting with them - and eventually, they'll inquire about my services.

I also recommend that you use another site called TweetBeep.com that allows you to get email alerts when ever someone twitters about you or your company. You can also specify other keywords that may be of interest to you.

1 comment:

  1. Dante your comments were helpful. I am not one engaged in the social networking. I have been hesistant and thought of Twittering as a silly thing. I have not twittered but I see a little more value to it.

    ReplyDelete