Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How To Make Your Bank Account Look Like Tyler Perry's

I'm not a huge fan of Tyler Perry, but I do go to see all his movies. I thought his most recent one, I Can Do Bad All By Myself, was actually a pretty good film. It always fascinates me to watch his fans get excited; It's no question that he has a very successful formula, and that his audience is extremely loyal.

While watching this last movie, it dawned on me how I can make my bank account look like his. Here are the steps:

1) Produce a movie with a mostly Black cast, and have the setting in Atlanta, Georgia.

2) Find one or two familiar Black actors and/or singers, and have them star in the movie.

3) Have at least two scenes that will make people say "Oh no he didn't!"

4) Have a couple of scenes that will make people cry.

5) Have a couple of scenes that will make people laugh.

6) Include about three inspirational gospel-sounding songs into the soundtrack.

7) Include a life lesson to be learned.

8) Have a corny fairytale ending.

9) During the credits, show funny bloopers (even if they're not that funny).

If you follow those steps closely, on opening weekend - you'll have at least $25 million dollars in your bank account. Trust me, I know this will work! It's been proven.

9 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOL, too funny....but seems to be so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv this blog entry. Seems that the Black audience gravitates 2 this formula. Would they be able to handle anything different? Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so...I respect Tyler Perry, but I think someone can come along and do it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I respect Tyler Perry, and find the clips funny that they show him in, but the movies are so formulaic, as you pointed out, and so simplistic. The fairytale endings make me ill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are Waaaaay too predictable, corny, I am NOT a TP fan, my wife is and she thinks I am being too critical. Well now I have proof I am not the only one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why all the Hateration? Since this is a business site, isnt Tyler a "good businessman" by giving his "customers" what they want? Formulaic,Predictable or Corney...Tyler Perry is PAID! He WILL get better in time,but the key is he has the OPPORTUNITY to get better, many people wish they were in his position, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hateration? I'm not hating. I respect Tyler Perry very much. I said this last film was good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny . . . but also factual. Tyler Perry use the "Walt Disney" formula, which is also used a lot by Will Smith in his movies. It simply says "Make them laugh, make them cry"

    ReplyDelete