Wednesday, October 21, 2009

People Judge Books By Their Covers

Yes, I know about the saying that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. The reality, however, is that people do this all the time. So when you decide to write a book, you need to keep this in mind.

I'll even say this: Your book cover is more important than the content in the book. I know, I know - It sounds crazy, but trust me it's true.

I'm not telling you to write a bad book. I'm just encouraging you to put more effort in the book cover, than you do in the actual book content. If you're not a graphic designer, don't try to be one.

Hire someone to do it for you. If you can't find someone, look harder. Never, ever settle for a poorly designed book cover. You will have wasted your time, because no matter how good a read your book is, people will never know.

If you are unsure of whether or not your book cover looks amateur, ask 5-10 people who regularly buy books. If just one of them says it looks amateur, than it probably is.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS HOT! I love this post and I'll be sharing it at my next seminar.

    ReplyDelete