Thursday, May 27, 2010

So I've Changed My Mind About Facebook...

Up until recently, I hated to use Facebook for business purposes. I preferred to limit it to just personal use only - strictly to share photos and content with friends and family. So, whenever my colleagues and clients would attempt to "friend" me, I would ignore their request if I didn't have a personal relationship with them. My hopes were that they would connect with me on LinkedIn instead.

But I've changed my mind recently. People are not as active on LinkedIn, and Facebook has stolen the show in the world of social media. Even more, I realized that I can use it effectively for both personal and business connections by creating two accounts - a professional one and a friends/family one.

The truth is that Facebook is not a phase. People are making it a part of their daily routines, and it only makes sense to utilize it as a tool to strengthen your business. What I like most about it, from a business point of view, is that it's an extremely easy way to stay in contact with potential and existing customers.

So, if you previous attempted to connect with me in the past - try again, and I'll accept.

www.Facebook.com/DanteLee

4 comments:

  1. Personally for a person like yourself Dante, I would use a page instead of a profile to have business contacts on. You only get 5000 "friends" on your personal profile and you can do so much with a FB page than you would a personal profile page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren’t for Facebook I would still be a struggling entrepreneur. Facebook has helped me create something from virtually nothing. It is my one stop shop for all things network marketing. I utilize LinkedIn for additional social networking but as you indicated the people there are not very active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isha Edwards, Brand Mktg. Mgr.May 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM

    I agree with Sylvia. Alternatively, if events are a part of your marketing mix,
    consider creating a Facebook business group.

    Although the interaction is stagnant on LinkedIn, still a beneficial tool for garnering details on or even being in touch with those hard-to-get-in contact with contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook has been the best thing to ever happen to small business. Because of Facebook I'm able to reach thousands of potential customers with one free click as opposed to traditional marketing techniques. I also like it because it lets customers get to know me personally. By sharing my personal pictures people feel they're buying from a "friend."

    ReplyDelete