Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why 90% of the People I Market to Buy What I'm Selling

Over the past 10 years, I've been able to figure out how to get 90% of the people I market to - to buy into my BlackPR.com service. That's right, my conversions are 90% - and I'm not exaggerating. In all actuality, it does require some trial and error, but it's not that difficult to do.

Here's how you can do it too:

1) Keep It Simple
Your web site, your promotional material, your approach, and your service/product should all be simple. Complicate these things, and your results will also be complicated.

In my opinion, the less pages on your web site - the better! My site, BlackPR.com, is a one-page web site that has generated over $1 million in revenue over the past 4 years. Over the past 10 years, it has generated nearly $3 million in revenue.

Also, be considerate about the amount of text you use to describe your product or services. A picture is a thousand words, and testimonials speak volumes.

2) Make It A Necessity
Create a product or service that people need. They will want it, if they need it. Remember that everybody needs something, including non-profit organizations, government agencies, and other businesses. There are always voids that need to be filled - even in a bad economy.

Secondly, make sure that you are only marketing to the people who need your products or services. This can be very challenging, but you work hard to find a way to specifically and exclusively reach this audience.

3) Be Persistent
This is the most important step. Being persistent in your marketing efforts separates you from the people who fail in business. After finding the people who need your product or service, you should literally market to them non-stop until their lawyer sends you a cease-and-desist letter.

Don't annoy them every day or every week with spam and junk mail. Instead, create a non-invasive, no-pressure balanced marketing campaign that combines email, social media, postcard marketing, event marketing, and offline networking. In your persistence, your aim should be to become a resource to them - someone who is knowledgeable and respectable in the industry.


If you apply these three components in the right way, I guarantee that 90% of the people you market to will buy what you're selling.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! thanks so much!

    I'm working on my website for my bookkeeping business as we speak and after I viewed it it seemed to "cluttered" with information. I was already in the process of taking 50% of the content off the home page and I've already made several of the pages invisible until it seems necessary to make them visible.

    I'm going to share this blog with a few folks if you don't mind.

    This was VERY HELPFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the best! I have to save this information. I get so confused sometimes that I feel my marketing efforts are not going well. The information that you have provided will help me stay focused.
    PS. My new book will be finished soon look for a call. (I need your services!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. I was just telling someone last night that less is more. If people have to figure out what's going on with you and your product, it's not simple enough.
    I appreciate this information sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real cool info but 1 thing I would drop on your BlackPR site would be the search engine optimization verbiage. SEO is not real, it was game or a hoax to begin with. The masses cant refute it but there is enough write-ups that expose the SEO gimmick. Google or any other search engine does not share their algorithms for datafarming and chronologically listing websites. Keywords and meta tags will NEVER achieve what you are proposing, it simply was meant to assist your browser deliver html content, just a fyi.

    ReplyDelete