Monday, November 26, 2007

Community Banks May Be A Better Option For Entrepreneurs

Entrepreneur Magazine reports that the recent boom in community banks could mean better lending options for business men and women.

According to the article, "An increase in newly chartered community banks is providing entrepreneurs with an alternative to banking with the big guys. In the past seven years, more than 1,000 of these new institutions, known as de novo banks, have opened their doors. Last year saw the startup of 191 new banks, the most since 2000. Top states for new-bank openings include Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Washington."

To read the full article, Click Here

1 comment:

  1. I am now a black business owner and have been for the past 11 years but it seems that my buisness is falling apart. I am a childcare provider and have been since 1996. I am in a small town and the business is getting small and I would like to move to another location but my poor advise from others have left my business short from bankruptcy. Is there any advise that you can give me? I am a good person that listened to the wrong perrson and now I am in financial trouble, "not bad" but I want to start over and I need advise on what steps to take and what grants to apply for. Where do I go from here? Hortie Ingram 910-652-2480

    ReplyDelete