Sunday, November 30, 2008

Facebook Vs. LinkedIn - Which Is Better For Business?

Can I be blunt? I hate when my business contacts want to interact with me on Facebook. To me, Facebook is simply not a business environment. In my opinion, its an entertainment social network.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm a huge fan of Facebook; I log in every other day or so. However, I use it only to interact with my friends and family members.

LinkedIn, on the other hand, is a professional social networking tool. In my opinion, this is clearly the better site for business. LinkedIn was designed to connect people with others so that they can either advance their careers or their companies - or both.

Users can find new partners, new clients, and even new vendors. Furthermore, LinkedIn strengthens and extends your existing network of trusted contacts.

I'm sure some people believe that Facebook is just as useful for business networking, but I just don't see how it fits. Trying to do business on Facebook is like handing out business cards or brochures at a family or class reunion. Not very classy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I feel that facebook is for friends and family, I use it to keep in touch with college and High School friends. Linkedin is definitely the better choice. there is also ryze.com which has been compared to Linkedin only it's free.

    ReplyDelete