Saturday, January 31, 2009

$40 Million In Sales From Snuggies - What The Heck?

I recently blogged about how well the video game industry was doing despite a struggling economy. Well, it appears that another industry has found similar success. That would be the blanket industry.

Likely by now, you have heard of the Snuggie™. It's nothing more than a blanket with sleeves. Yes, plain and simple. It sells at two for $19.95, and allows people to work on a laptop, eat, and use the TV remote while remaining under the comfort of a blanket.

I've seen the commercials a million times, but I had no idea how big this product is. According to MediaPost, 4 million of these blankets were sold in a three month period. That comes out to just under $40 million in revenue.

Allstar Marketing Group is the company behind the product. They are based in Hawthorne, NY, and make the blankets in China. They're product is so hot that they struggle to keep up with the demand, but are expecting even more in sales in the next three months.

I have to admit: If a friend of mine tryed to convince me to invest in this idea, I would have laughed in his face. But after $40 million in sales in just three months, I'd be feeling mighty stupid right now.

For more details about this product, visit:
www.getsnuggie.com

1 comment:

  1. Me and my family laugh all the time we see the snuggies commercial, when they stared selling them in my caribbean island I thought people would buy them just to joke, but this product truly is having success and people are really into the blanket with sleeve thing and now snuggies come for dogs too which is another market they are going to be exploring and actually I think a snuggie on a dog looks ridiculously cute so if I had a dog I would buy one for it.

    ReplyDelete