Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Envy Is A Deadly Workplace Sin

In his blog, Donald Trump says that envy is one of many deadly workplace sins. He says, "Jealousy is stupid. It is a waste of time and it’s destructive. Nothing good can ever come of it, so there’s definitely no room for it in the workplace."

I agree 100% with these statements. Jealousy and envy will consume you, and will interfere with your productivity. Instead of being jealous of a successful person, why not be happy for them. This way, when you succeed - people will be happy for you.

Why not ask him/her to be your mentor? Most successful people love to mentor others, and help them achieve their goals.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with Donald Trump more on the envy and jealousy thing. I can't understand why people waste so much time and energy hating on others. Hating on the other person isn't going to keep that person from having what they have nor will it keep them from being successful. This phenomenon so common among women, but I am sure it happens to men as well if "the Donald" had to speak about it. I remember when I wanted to transfer to a different department at work, the people in my old department started hating on me big time. Even when I moved to the new department, the people from the old department were keeping tabs on me to find out if I was failing. People are so fickle.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete